This is a great change from the usual fruit dip recipes and it is so easy to make with only three simple ingredients.
- 1 Cup Sour Cream (Low phosphorous sour cream dip.)
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- ½ Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Mix sour cream, brown sugar and vanilla extract together.
- Let stand in refrigerator for flavors to combine (at least an hour or two or even better overnight).
- Cut fruit such as apples, bananas, grapes, melon, oranges, peaches, pears, strawberries or watermelon into pieces, chunks, wedges as desired.
- Dip apples and bananas in lemon juice to prevent discoloration.
- Place prepared fruit around the edge of a serving dish or tray.
- Place dip in a pretty dish in the center of the tray.
Potassium: 147 mg
We love this super simple dip. Of course fruits and veggies are great on their own, but this dip is a delight (and so easy). Of course we always love the fruit! Sweet and refreshing – a perfect snack or dessert. The nutrients in them are anti-inflammatory and hands down every study out there that has studied them have shown that diets high in fruits and vegetables are associated with decrease in disease. Be the healthy hit at your next party and try bringing fruits and veggies. I promise you’ll see them disappear.
Cook, taster, recipe finder: Jessianna Saville, MS, RDN, LD
Photo Credits: Rebecca Barksdale